Hospital News

Apollo to invest INR 2.5 billion for hospital at Navi Mumbai

Healthcare service provider Apollo Hospitals Ltd recently announced it will invest INR 2.5 billion to set up a 400-bed hospital at Navi Mumbai in Maharashtra. The company has also entered into a 50:50 joint venture (JV) with Yash Birla Group to set up two new hospitals with 250 beds capacity each at Thane and Nasik (Maharashtra). The Navi Mumbai facility would be spread over 3.5 acres of land, while Yash Birla Group owns the land for Thane and Nasik projects. The firm would fund the projects primarily through internal accruals and would also utilise a part of the recently raised USD 100 million through private placement to Apax Partners. Apax Partners had picked up 11 per cent stake in the Apollo Hospitals Group for 100 million dollars. Apollo Hospitals is also looking at a JV agreement with a Mauritius-based company for a 46-million dollar hospital project. The company would hold 26 per cent stake in the proposed JV while the Mauritius-based firm would hold the remaining 74 per cent.

Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Elets video

Eletsonline News

Follow us on


Most Popular

SUBSCRIBE OUR NEWSLETTER
200000+ Subscribers read it every day.
Subscribe Newsletter
To Top