Featured 2008

Govt Launches GIS-enabled HMIS, Self-printing of e-CGHS Card

CGHSWith an objective to provide easy access to health services to the public, the Health and Family Welfare Ministry has launched two major digital initiatives: GIS-enabled HMIS application and the self-printing of e-CGHS cards. Union Minister while launching these initiatives stated that the Health Ministry remains committed to strengthening public health systems and providing user-friendly health services in the country.

While the GIS-enabled HMIS services will provide comprehensive data on a GIS platform on 1.6 lakh Government Health facilities spread across the country, self-printing of the e-CGHS card will provide ease and access to the beneficiaries who may find it difficult to go to the CGHS centres for renewal.

Terming these as significant and forward looking steps contributing to Digital India, Health Minister J P Nadda said, “The initiative will not only monitor the performance and quality of the health services being provided under the NHM, but will also provide effective healthcare to the rural population throughout the country”.

The GIS-enabled HMIS project has been developed with the objective of enabling the effective usage of the HMIS application, enhancing analytical capabilities of States/UTs and providing a geographical display of HMIS data using GIS. The application also has scope of incorporating map layers of roads and water bodies which will provide comprehensive information regarding health facilities and disease vulnerable areas of the country. At present, the application is available in login domain of HMIS portal. It is planned to put it in public domain in near future. Moreover, the mapping provides data only on public health facilities presently, which shall soon be expanded to cover private facilities also, the Union Minister informed.

Health Management Information System (HMIS) is a web-based monitoring system that has been put in place by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) to monitor its health programmes and provide key inputs for policy formulation and interventions. It was launched during October, 2008 with uploading of district consolidated figures. To make HMIS more robust and effective and in order to facilitate local level monitoring, “facility based reporting” was initiated since April, 2011. At present, 1.94 lakh health facilities (across all States/UTs) are uploading facility wise data on monthly basis on HMIS web portal. Data are presently being made available to various stakeholders in the form of standard & customized reports, factsheets, score- cards etc. HMIS data are widely used by the Ministry and States for policy planning, monitoring and supervision purpose.

The Union Health Minister, while launching the self-printing of the e-CGHS card, stated that this will provide ease and access to all those beneficiaries such as the pensioners who may find it difficult to go to the CGHS centres for renewal, and in the event of loss/misplacement of the card. As this can be printed from any location once the process of application based on authentic documents has been approved, this enables easy reprinting by the beneficiary himself/herself. The beneficiary can access this facility by visiting the CGHS portal at cghs.nic.in where simple steps for this have been enumerated.

14 Comments

14 Comments

1. cheapest auto insurance Greer SC

November 14, 2017 at 1:35 pm

I’m good for a month as soon as you learn to spell my name with one L instead of two. Hour workout, twice a week, is also a good start.And they don’t allow camera phones (and I’m guessing cameras in general) at my gym, so I can’t photo. But I’ll email you after I go. You’re totally right that getting to the gym is the hardest part. Once I get there, I’m fine.And I drink Mango Smoothies, but not at the gym. We don’t have this “fruit bar” thing of which you speak.

2. list of car insurances in Calhoun GA

November 14, 2017 at 6:16 pm

Hi Jane- I’m writing an update later today on how it all unfolded. There’s suspense, tension, a little yelling and a lot of laughing. You’ll get a good giggle out of it. Thank you for sending good energy. We need that!! Best- Jen

3. Well if your planning on overclocking you may as well just get the i5 2500k because it is unlocked and you can overclock it crazy high which overall would be better than the 17n 3770. If you overclock just get the i5 2500k and a a good graphics card.

4. affordable car insurance Largo FL

November 14, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Yeah, it sounds like a situation that is always going to cause stress, worry, disappointment. I have to echo anthony. There has to be something to the advice that the best job is one you enjoy going to each and every day.

5. cheap auto insurance Eden Prairie MN

November 14, 2017 at 9:05 pm

jayhawk, there is hardly any term in the world more fungible on this site that “Jews” or “Jewish”. It means whatever we want it to mean, whenever we want it to mean it. And you can’t fight it.“because there is no way to trace the lineage of most modern “Jews” to the land of Israel.”I must be a super-Jew! I can’t even trace my lineage back to my parents. With any certainty, that is.

6. auto insurance rates Arvada CO

November 14, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Tom.. you really outdo yourself in each new picture.. You give new life for your profession..Congrads on your winning 2 years in a row..Dale Hudson

7. cheapest car insurance Charleston WV

November 16, 2017 at 2:52 pm

I never heard of someone being allergic to chocolate…that is just not right…Chocolate eaten from those luscious abs is calorie free…right???Michelle B. aka Koshkalady

8. auto owners insurance Ardmore OK

November 17, 2017 at 2:49 am

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.

9. cheap car insurance Waukegan IL

November 17, 2017 at 3:10 am

Wow, that’s *way* more exciting than my unreleased musical story (proposed it for my college’s original student musical production, it didn’t pass, the composer moved on to other things, and I was left w/ four good songs and a whole lotta book & lyrics.)I loved “Money Gonna Make You a Real Man” (nice Dragnet sting); any chance of reconstituting the parts of the score you’re not ready to present yet and turning this into a full-fledged musical?

10. affordable auto insurance Tarpon Springs FL

November 17, 2017 at 3:49 am

Brad: Google could extract links and text from a Flash file, but it could not execute every application state to discover all the text in the proper context. Adobe has given them the technology to run the Flash files. Also.. Google will extract the anchor text from buttons and associate it with external links!

11. free auto insurance quotes Brockton MA

November 17, 2017 at 3:56 am

RIP meme's have been flooding Facebook for sometime to the point whenever I see someone post RIP <insert celebrity name> I know they are alive and well.

12. free auto insurance quotes Somerset KY

November 17, 2017 at 5:41 am

[quote comment=”25538″]heyyyyyyy l’ami !Je viens à la pêche aux nouvelles ! . Bon je peux passer à Angouleme ? lol quand tu veux T’inquiète pas je ne ferai pas comme chez moi … J’espère que j’ai noyer le poisson…[/quote]Yeah quand tu veux

13. car insurance rates Slidell LA

November 18, 2017 at 3:58 am

Very good website you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article? I’d really love to be a part of community where I can get suggestions from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thank you!

14. car insurance quotes Draper UT

November 18, 2017 at 4:19 pm

he taped it on the inside which is not recommended. Foil tape shouldn’t be exposed to the air stream. That said, I love this guy. I use his product where neccessary and he taught me a great deal about his cabinet installation.