On the eve of World Thyroid Day, top-notch doctors from renowned institutions, such as All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and Medanta – The Medicity, announced the scope of Thyroid Cancerpatients becoming disease free through on time and early treatment.
With the emergence of Thyroid Cancer as one of the fastest growing cancers in the world, it has become the most common cancer of the endocrine system occurring in all age groups.
Statistics suggest Thyroid Cancer will become the most prominent cancer by 2030.
- 1 to 2 new cases of thyroid cancer per 100,000 men and women in India per year
- New cases of thyroid cancer is increasing at a faster rate compared to others
- Well-Differentiated thyroid cancers (WDTC), often referred as papillary and follicular cancers, account 90 per cent of thyroid cancer
- Highly curable
- New innovations available in India for cure
- Molecular markers to be used to identify and differentiate between each cancer
- Identification and treatment of cancer on an individual basis to expedite treatment
- Lump in the neck
- Pain in the lower front part of the neck
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck
- Hoarseness of voice
- Trouble in breathing and swallowing
Prescribed Diagnostic Tests for Detection
- Physical examination
- Blood tests
- Thyroid and other scans
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Fine-needle aspiration biopsy
- Surgical biopsy