Coronavirus

Covid-19 Emergency Response Package: Govt Releases Another Installment of 35% to States, UTs

Covid-19 Emergency Response Package

In a bid to boost the implementation of ‘India Covid-19 Emergency Response & Health System Preparedness Package: Phase-II (ECRP-II), the union government has released 35% funds to states and union territories. Earlier, the government had released Rs 1,827.80 crores to them as 15% advance for preparatory activities. This makes a total of 50% release of funds to ensure the implementation of critical activities at the state and district levels for preparing the public healthcare systems in response to the evolving pandemic.

dIgitalhealth

The Union Cabinet had approved the ECRP-II package on 8 July 2021 amounting to Rs 23,123 crores to support the efforts of states and UTs in the Covid-19 pandemic management, especially for the second wave that spread into rural, peri-urban and tribal areas and the evolving pandemic situation. The scheme is to be implemented from 1 July 2021 to 31 March 2022.

Also Read:- Digital Health Gets Big Boost as Cabinet Clears Rs 23,123-Crore Second Covid-19 Emergency Response Package

“This scheme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) with some central sector components. It aims to accelerate health system preparedness for immediate responsiveness for early prevention, detection and management, with a focus on health infrastructure development including for Paediatric Care and with measurable outcomes.

dIgitalhealth

Under CSS components of the ECRP-II, states and UTs have been supported by way of approvals for ECRP to the tune of Rs 14,744.99 crore. The proposals for the infrastructure to be created have been received from the states,” the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) said.

Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Elets video

Eletsonline News

Follow us on


Most Popular

SUBSCRIBE OUR NEWSLETTER
200000+ Subscribers read it every day.
Subscribe Newsletter
To Top