In order to commemorate the total 35 years of medical excellence & commitment to the delivery of Quality Care, the National Heart Institute (NHI), research and referral tertiary care heart hospital of the All India Heart Foundation, will be organising school education programmes in one school in Delhi National Capital Region (NCR) every week for the next 1 year, making it a massive effort on raising large-scale preventive health awareness by the institute.
Due to increased risk of heart diseases in young people, the need of the hour is to increase awareness about heart diseases from a young age. The school programmes have been organised as young minds are comparatively much more receptive to any new learning. The importance of leading a healthy life right from childhood needs to be integrated in the school curriculum.
- On August 16, the first event was organised at Amity International School, Pushp Vihar
- On August 17, the second event will be organized in Amity International School, Saket.
- Will conduct interactive sessions by Dr (Brig) YK Arora and Dr Shridhar Dwivedi, both Senior Consultant Cardiologists at the National Heart Institute
- Grade 8 and 10 students are being trained on the topics, such as prevention of lifestyle diseases, personal and menstrual hygiene, and CPR, among many others
- Aimed at raising awareness on the prevention of heart disease in the early years of life, given the unhealthy lifestyle of a majority of the population today, including children.