eWorld Forum is a premier global conference organised annually. The Forum was launched by Shree Kapil Sibal, Union Minister of Human Resource Development and Communications and IT, Government of India in 2011. Organised by the Centre for Science, Development and Media Studies (CSDMS) and Elets Technomedia Private Limited, the first edition of the Forum received outstanding supported by the Departments of IT, Telecom and Science and Technology of the Government of India, who joined as Co-organisers. The National e-Governance Division, National Spatial Data Infrastructure, Unique Identity Authority of India and the Indira Gandhi National Open University also supported the Forum as co-organisers.
The 2012 edition of this global annual e-Governance Forum would build upon the success of the 2011 edition and carry forward the dialogue initiated in 2011. Focussing on issues on continued as well as emerging importance, the Forum would engage leaders and opinion makers from across the government-industry-academia and civil society landscape.
Concurrently with the thematic Conference Sessions, the Forum would also recognise excellence in adopting technology to governance through the eWorld Forum Awards 2012. In addition, a large expo would showcase the very latest in the technology-governance interplay, as leading vendors and solution providers would join user departments in presenting concrete proof of how vision melds into reality, with the support of technology and helps attain good governance.
For networking and collaboration, the Forum offers a platform matched by few others. World leaders, CEOs. CTOs, CIOs, policy makers, analysts, academicians and researchers of the highest calibre would converge over two days, potentially forging networks and alliances that could go a long way in furthering the cause of e-Governance.
- Witness innovative ICT solutions on governance from India and abroad
- Thematic conference sessions focussing on issues of continued as well as emerging importance
- Access to eWorld exhibition which will showcase cutting edge developments in ICT
- Highlight barriers of ICT integration in India and other countries, and identify gaps in current research
- Provide platforms for important deliberations in ICT policymaking
- Sharing best practices and knowledge
- Networking opportunity with policymakers from different countries