Headquartered in Chennai, Hitech Diagnostic Centre is a well-known pathology chain in South India with presence in six States across Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry through 75-plus self-owned centres. It offers comprehensive end-to- end test offerings in pathology services under one roof. Hitech has 1,300 plus test menu, ranging from routine screening tests to super specialised tests including highly impenetrable molecular & genetic Assays.
Started by a visionary promoter Dr SP Ganesan, Chairman and Medical Director in 1986, Hitech Diagnostic boasts of some impressive numbers. It has a network of 1,000 plus hospitals/ clinics and 5,000 plus consultants and physicians. It conducts nearly 50 lakh tests annua catering to 10 lakh plus patients. No wonder, it has one of the largest processing centres in South India with around 8,000 samples / day capacity.
“Superior Quality is our motto and our USP is offering quality service at affordable prices and superior TAT,” Hitech Diagnostic claims proudly. And, it has created enough brand equity to justify this tag too. Hitech today is a trusted name among doctors and patients alike resulting in strong recall value (it is evident from the fact that a substantial part of its revenues is derived from walk-ins). It is the first lab in India to achieve Six Sigma for biochemistry tests-based on the UNITY programme. It has a NABL accredited processing centre –completely automated processing with output in sync with software with minimal manual intervention. In addition, Hitech is a ISO9001:2000 certified laboratory and member of ILS, AACC, ASCP, IFCC, AMP, ICTDM & CT.
Expansion plans are on the anvil too with more centres to start soon in Western India. The equipment are sourced from the best brands available globally. Hitech is making continuous investments in latest equipment like Next Generation Sequencing Equipment, Personal Genome Machine, New Born Screening, IHC and Tissue Processor among others.
HITECH’S KEY DRIVERS:
Dr SP Ganesan (Chairman and Medical Director)
• MBBS from Stanley Medical College, Chennai in 1980 and Diploma in Clinical Pathology from MMC in 1986
• Attended various national and international conferences related to Laboratory Medicine
• Member of American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC), International Leptospira Society (ILS), Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP), Indian Medical association (IMA) and American Society of Gene Therapy
• Delivered several lectures at IMA meetings, hospitals and Medical associations
Malini Parasuraman, Chief of Lab Services
• M.Sc. in Biochemistry from Avinashilingam College, Coimbatore
• Wide knowledge in Immunoassays, Endocrinology, Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, Autoimmune Disorders and many other disciplines
• Wide experience both in manual assays and in operating various fully & semi automated instruments