Private Sector Needs to Contribute More for the Development of Healthcare Sector

During a round-table discussion — Role of Hospitals in Healthcare Development — Dr B R Soni, Chief Managing Director, Soni Group of Hospital, Jaipur, said: It really is surprising that 75 per cent of the healthcare industry is being run by private hospitals and the rest 25 per cent by government hospitals. The private sector contributed a lot for the development of healthcare sector and needs to contribute much more in future. The only constraint with private healthcare is that it is very costly for common people.


Navneet Agarwal, utive Director“Medipulse Hospital and Director“JIET Group of Colleges, Medipulse Hospital, Jodhpur, sought to highlight the need to choose between quality or quantity as the prime focus. In addition to this, we must try to establish satellite centres of our hospitals in rural areas. It will help the patients in primary treatment and in case of critical illness, they can be transferred to the main hospital for effective and timely treatment of disease.

Participating in summit discussions, Tej Kumar Sharma, COO, Metro Group of Hospitals, Jaipur, suggested that the government should provide land, subsidised electricity and only then can any public-private partnership can survive.

Talking about the need to spread public awareness about health insurance, Dr Kamal Goyal, Director, Indowestern Brain & Spine Hospital, Jaipur, said: We should educate people about health insurance because in Rs. 5,000 you can get a coverage of about 5 lakh. We should advertise that in each and every hospital.



Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Elets video

Eletsonline News

Follow us on

Most Popular

200000+ Subscribers read it every day.
Subscribe Newsletter
To Top