In a major boost to the healthcare delivery system in the east, West Bengal government has decided to infuse Rs. 2,600 crore in the state health sector. There are plans of adding 17,000 more hospital beds in 2015-16, making the health market in East ripe for expansion and looking at significant growth. With new entrants and more start-ups foraying to the health care arena, copious health allied business is awaiting West Bengal and North East region.
In the government sector, the total number of hospital beds in the state currently is 63,000 and it would become 80,000 after addition of the proposed 17,000 beds.
The state is also in process of investing Rs. 250 crore in procuring radio therapy equipment, offering low cost cancer care facility to the people of the state.
Buzzing Biz Opportunities
- A whopping increase in healthcare investment by Government of West Bengal
- Government initiatives to focus on PPP models
- Bengal being gateway for Western Assam, North -Bihar and large portion of Nepal, Bhutan upto Bangladesh
- High Potential in medical tourism
- Tremendous demand for Private Hospitals in chain hospital exploration
- Booming demand for Healthcare IT in the state and nearby regions