In a major boost to the healthcare delivery system in the east, West Bengal government has decided to infuse Rs. 2,600 crore in the state health sector. With the assembly elections scheduled in April “ May 2016, the state government is all set to layout its plan for upcoming 40 super-specialist hospitals accommodating 500 beds each in West Midnapore, East Midnapore, Purulia, Bankura, Birbhum, Jalpaiguri, South 24- Parganas and North 24-Parganas offering healthcare facilities in cardiology, nephrology, urology, endocrinology etc.
For these super-specialist hospitals, the health department has also decided to recruit 4,000-5,000 doctors and nurses and 1,000 technicians by end of February 2016.
The state is also in process of investing Rs. 250 crore in procuring radio therapy equipment, offering low cost cancer care facility to the people of the state.
Buzzing Biz Opportunities
- A whopping increase in healthcare investment by Government of West Bengal
- Government initiatives to focus on PPP models
- Bengal being gateway for Western Assam, North -Bihar and large portion of Nepal, Bhutan upto Bangladesh
- High Potential in medical tourism
- Tremendous demand for Private Hospitals in chain hospital exploration
- Booming demand for Healthcare IT in the state and nearby regions