Ensocare and Wipro GE Healthcare enter into a Public Private Partnership with Government of Maharashtra to upgrade District Hospitals

22 District Hospitals to be upgraded with advanced diagnostic imaging facilities at an investment of about INR 150 crores; Patients to benefit from 24/7 in-house diagnostic facilities at Government fixed, affordable rates.

Ensocare by Enso Group, a 7 billion dollar diversified conglomerate in dynamic sectors like Oil & Gas, Infrastructure & Real Estate and GE Healthcare today announced entering into the largest Public Private Partnership (PPP) in the space of healthcare with Government of Maharashtra. Public Health Department, Ensocare (previously named Uber), Government of Maharashtra and Wipro GE Healthcare Pvt Ltd signed this INR 150 Crores PPP project to advance healthcare in the State of Maharashtra. Ensocare is backing the financial investment of 150 cr; the consortium will set up advanced diagnostic facilities at 22 Government district and women hospitals, run operations on 24/7 hour basis and provide services at Government recommended rate cards for the benefit of larger population.

India has one of the largest networks of public hospitals in the world. However, healthcare system in India faces a challenge in the raising service quality and ensuring equitable access to people while simultaneously gearing up its capabilities to tackle the changing disease incidence profiles. This challenge can be addressed through concerted effort both by public and private sectors. The tri-party partnership is a reflection Enso Group and GE’s commitment to enable better healthcare for more people and Government of Maharashtra’s agenda of providing affordable healthcare to its population.

Speaking on the occasion, Suresh Shetty, Health Minister said “Government of Maharashtra is committed to providing better and affordable healthcare to its people. Today, we are on to a first of its kind, large scale modernization of district hospitals with latest diagnostic technologies. By working together with partners like Ensocare who are the funding arm and GE Healthcare we can advance healthcare to support all economic groups. We hope to cover a minimum of 60% Rajiv Gandhi Yojana Scheme Card holders in the State and also lower the costs of patients by 50% through this PPP model.”

The PPP agreement with Government of Maharashtra is the largest in terms of scale. The package includes installation of 4 units of 64 slice CT scanners, 13 units of advance 16 slice CT scanners, 8 units of cutting edge 1.5T Magnetic Resonance Imaging with 16 channels, 22 high end digital radiography systems, 39 color Doppler’s and 39 analog x-ray units. Women’s health is given a special boost with the inclusion of 20 screening mammography units for early breast cancer detection.

Vaibhav Maloo, Chairman, Ensocare said “We decided to enter into this PPP to create a meaningful impact on overall Indian society. We have chalked out plans of investments of US$ 50 million with an appetite for more projects with various other state governments too. Currently we have won tenders for Maharashtra and Punjab governments for diagnostics facilities in 43 civil hospitals, 22 in Maharashtra and 21 in Punjab. GE is a renowned OEM and we are proud of our association with them. We plan to include value added services and free treatments for the extreme bottom of the pyramid patients with the help of IT innovation, cutting edge technology and well-trained medical staff. We are currently investing time in building our management bandwidth and operational capabilities to execute the job at hand as quickly as possible.”

38 district and other large hospitals under Government of Maharashtra cater to about 100 million people. It is estimated that in a year, these 38 hospitals would be referring over 100,000 CT scans, 50,000 MRIs, 300,000 color Doppler studies, 900,000 x-rays and 40,000 mammography exams required for early detection and treatment of diseases.. However, in the absence of quality diagnostic imaging infrastructure, these studies are quite often referred to private centres which substantially increases the cost of treatment.

Dr.Akil Khan, Vice Chairman, Ensocare said “The Economics of volume and scale is no different to the Healthcare industry which is being seen as the Sunrise sector in India . Healthcare business has evolved over the last decade with world class hospital infrastructure with modern amenities being the norm of the day catering to the affluent. Corporate chains have set up the benchmark with quality healthcare delivery systems all across tier I cities in India but none catering to the rural centers. The business of diagnostics has also seen private giants organizing the pathology services on a national and international level within the urban centers. The irony of the situation is that all these respectable conglomerates cater to 5-10 % percentage of a 1.24 billion population in India. What is even worse that the most organized models of healthcare delivery like the NHS in UK are known for the modernization and state of art healthcare delivery at the Public and Government hospital level unlike India. This unique opportunity as provided by this PPP will change the dynamics of Healthcare in India, with the largely divided middle class and the underprivileged getting Diagnostic services to begin with, at zero cost or at heavily subsidized costs and also getting Global standards both in Equipment quality on Wipro GE equipments and international delivery with Ensocare. I congratulate the mammoth efforts of Hon’ble Chief Minister and Health Minister of Maharashtra and their efforts will surely make a difference to 100 million hearts in the state of Maharashtra”

About Enso Group
Enso Group of Companies is a US$ 7 Billion group started in 2005 primarily with oil and gas E&P projects in Jordan, Georgia, Nigeria, Australia and India. By way of acquisitions, we expanded into oil and gas services and are currently operating in Russia in that sphere. We have proven iron ore, gold and bauxite concessions in Republic of Guinea. Enso Europe Limited is the chief consultant to the group’s overseas operations and is based out of London. Enso Healthcare is the holding company of Ensocare( previously named Uber) and has committed investments of US$ 50 million in healthcare space. Enso Group’s activities in India currently are in the sphere of infrastructure, real estate and automated products in banking and retail.

1. zgrzewarka do rur pe

January 16, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Hello, you used to write wonderful, but the last few posts have been kinda boring… I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

2. odziez robocza bhp

January 16, 2018 at 7:56 pm

I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thanks, I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your web site?

3. Buty Jeansowe Damskie

January 17, 2018 at 2:24 pm

I genuinely enjoy studying on this website, it has got superb articles. “One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly.” by Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche.

4. touchscreen

January 17, 2018 at 10:03 pm

MetroClick specializes in building completely interactive products like Photo Booth for rental or sale, Touch Screen Kiosks, Large Touch Screen Displays , Monitors, Digital Signages and experiences. With our own hardware production facility and in-house software development teams, we are able to achieve the highest level of customization and versatility for Photo Booths, Touch Screen Kiosks, Touch Screen Monitors and Digital Signage. Visit MetroClick at or , 121 Varick St, New York, NY 10013, +1 646-843-0888

5. Home Improvement

January 18, 2018 at 4:19 am

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate?

6. display

January 18, 2018 at 5:28 am

Faytech North America is a touch screen Manufacturer of both monitors and pcs. They specialize in the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of Capacitive touch screen, Resistive touch screen, Industrial touch screen, IP65 touch screen, touchscreen monitors and integrated touchscreen PCs. Contact them at, 121 Varick Street, New York, NY 10013, +1 646 205 3214

January 18, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Hello. remarkable job. I did not imagine this. This is a great story. Thanks!

8. Used Car Sales

January 18, 2018 at 1:26 pm

I have learn a few just right stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much attempt you set to make the sort of great informative site.

9. Topánky Mustang Panske

January 18, 2018 at 3:54 pm

F*ckin’ amazing issues here. I am very satisfied to peer your article. Thank you so much and i’m having a look forward to touch you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

January 19, 2018 at 11:32 am

Whats Going down i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I’m hoping to give a contribution & help other customers like its helped me. Great job.

11. Sklep z Petardami

January 19, 2018 at 11:44 am

I got what you mean , regards for putting up.Woh I am glad to find this website through google. “Those who corrupt the public mind are just as evil as those who steal from the public.” by Theodor Wiesengrund Adorno.

12. Health Nutrition

January 19, 2018 at 4:16 pm

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he just bought me lunch as I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch!

13. Makeup Looks

January 20, 2018 at 2:13 pm

I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thanks again

14. Business

January 20, 2018 at 3:34 pm

Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people think about worries that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

15. Women

January 20, 2018 at 11:55 pm

Thanks, I’ve just been searching for information approximately this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I’ve found out so far. However, what about the bottom line? Are you positive about the source?

16. Czyszczenie Dywanów Cena Gorzów

January 20, 2018 at 11:55 pm

I gotta bookmark this website it seems very helpful very beneficial

17. Masaż Gorzów

January 21, 2018 at 12:46 am

You can certainly see your expertise within the paintings you write. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. Always go after your heart. “Experience is a good school, but the fees are high.” by Heinrich Heine.

18. Home Design

January 21, 2018 at 1:30 am

Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed! Very useful info specifically the last part 🙂 I care for such info much. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.

19. Career And Jobs

January 21, 2018 at 9:30 am

fantastic points altogether, you just received a new reader. What may you recommend in regards to your put up that you made some days ago? Any sure?

20. Fashion

January 21, 2018 at 5:37 pm

Real nice design and style and great articles , nothing else we require : D.