News

Coronavirus Scare: India reports second casualty from Delhi

Coronavirus Scare 68 Year Old Woman Dies In Delhi

India has reported second casualty due to Coronavirus outbreak which has sparked panic and fear in as many as 80 countries across the globe. As per the Health Ministry, 68-year-old woman died at Delhi’s Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital after she was tested positive for COVID-19.

Woman, whose son had a travel history abroad died due to co-morbidity (diabetes and hypertension).

Health Ministry and Delhi government officials said the woman came in contact with her son, the fifth case of coronavirus in the national capital, with a history travel history to Switzerland and Italy between February 5 and 22.

“She had a history of contact with a positive case. The son had returned to India on February 23. He initially was asymptomatic, but developed fever and cough after one day and reported to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital on March 7.

“As per protocol, the family was screened and since he and his mother had fever and cough, both were admitted,” a Health Ministry statement said.

“She was shifted to the intensive care unit. Her sample also tested positive for COVID19,” the Health Ministry said.

Since March 9, she was having respiratory fluctuations and was provided ventilatory support.

“However, due to co-morbid conditions, she died on March 13 at the RML Hospital, Delhi as confirmed by the treating physician and Medical Superintendent,” the statement added.

Woman was the second person who lost her life due to the novel virus. On Thursday, the first death was reported in Karnataka. As per the Ministry, a total of 82 cases have come to light across with seven reported from the national capital.

The novel virus which spreads in unprecedented manner was first detected in China’s Wuhan city in December last. Since then it has caused the death of more than 4,000 people and infected 100, 000 across worldwide.

Eletsonline News

Latest News

To Top
X