Diabetes is gaining the status of epidemic in India and approximately 70.2 million individuals are diagnosed with this disease. It is widely considered as a genetic predisposition or lifestyle disorder. It has been revealed in various studies that in India 3 out of 5 people could be suffering from Diabetes.
Therefore, frequent check-ups and screening are key measures to identify the symptoms of disease and preventing it in early stage.
Few reasons behind its exponential growth are:
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Unhealthy diet
- Increased stress levels, etc.
With intent to provide healthy and normal life for diabetics, Fortis hospital has launched Centre for Diabetes and Endocrinology at Bannerghatta and Cunningham hospitals. These specialized medical facilities are one-stop comprehensive care and diabetes management centres which are well equipped with state of the art infrastructure.
Facilities for Patients:
- Consultation by highly qualified Endocrinologists
- Support of multi-disciplinary team of diabetes specialist nurses and educators, dieticians, diabetic foot care nurses and vascular surgeons.
- Patients can enroll and opt for any of the three different holistic packages -Total, Advance and Advance plus.
- Packages consist of diagnosis for weight, height, BMI, BP, allergies, foot scanning, retina scanning and dietician counseling & consulting with Endocrinology consultant.
- The centres will also diagnose and treat various other endocrine disorders such as thyroid, adrenaline, parotid and calcium disorder
Speaking on the occasion, Manish Mattoo, Zonal Director at Fortis Hospitals said, With the launch of the dedicated facility in a Multispecialty-Hospital, we are now better equipped to tackle Diabetes in Bangalore region. At our centres we identify those factors necessary to facilitate critical diabetic challenges. Our endeavour is to put an end to this disease by providing effective treatment and by educating the masses on the factors causing Diabetes and extreme need of leading a balanced lifestyle. Also, the in-house Diabetes and Endocrinology centre will support the other facilities and specialities with timely and accurate intervention on diabetes. This will also save lives of patients admitted with emergency or multiple criticalities.