DHL Global Forwarding, which provides sector-focused solutions for technology, engineering, life sciences & healthcare, etc., announced the appointment of George Lawson as Chief utive Officer and Country Manager for India, effective from June 1, 2016.
Relocated from Bonn, Germany, George is now based in Mumbai. In his new role as a member of the Asia Pacific Management Board, George reports to Kelvin Leung, CEO, DHL Global Forwarding Asia Pacific.
- Leadership positions: Joined DHL in 1992 and has held multiple leadership positions across different disciplines, including sales, operations, marketing and general management in Asia and Europe, including a stint as Chief Operating Officer, Singapore
- Recent position: Senior Vice President “ Global Head of Marketing
- The key architect of DHL Global Forwarding’s Certified International Forwarder programme that engages employees and develops their expertise to drive outstanding customer experience and financial results
- Has successfully uted global strategies to drive growth
- Has a deep understanding of our business
India as a Market – Key Takeaways
- India remains a key strategic region with tremendous opportunities
- Indian economy expected to grow at 7.5 per cent in FY 2016-17