Carestream Healths newest DRX imaging system”the Carestream DRX-Evolution Plus”adds several major software and hardware enhancements to meet the changing radiology needs and budgets of healthcare providers worldwide.
Carestream, a worldwide provider of dental and medical imaging systems and IT solutions, has steadily expanded the capabilities of the DRX-Evolution platform since it was introduced and the new DRX-Evolution Plus will begin shipping later this year. The systems modular components, including fully automated systems, have gained wide acceptance among radiology professionals in leading hospitals and clinics.
New DRX-Evolution Plus offers:
- A sleek new design with LED lighting for enhanced functionality and aesthetics
- Greater flexibility in high-ceiling rooms via an extended tube column
- A new high performance generator designed by Carestream
- An optional table to accommodate patients up to 705 pounds (320 Kg); and
- Forward-looking design specifications to embrace future advanced imaging applications from Carestream as they become available
- An innovative wall stand Bucky-angulation feature that expedites cross table and other complex X-ray exams
- Tube touchscreen that allows a technologist to change techniques and view images from the tube
- Pediatric capabilities including automatic technique and image processing for seven pediatric body size categories
- Bone suppression software for optimized viewing of soft tissue
- Fast, secure log-in process using RFID badges
- A trans bay option that enables fast tube movement across multiple trauma bays, which helps expedite treatment while minimizing movement of critically ill or injured patients
- Automatic acquisition and stitching for long-length and supine imaging exams
- IHE Dose Reporting to facilitate data sharing with a facilitys dose management system
The DRX-Evolution Plus also offers modular components and configurations and supports a choice of three DRX detectors, including two cesium iodide detectors (35 x 43 cm and 25 x 30 cm) for high-quality imaging. For maximum productivity, the DRX-Evolution Plus can be configured with a 43 x 43 cm fixed detector in the wall stand, and one or two additional wireless detectors that can be used for table Bucky and tabletop exams.
The DRX-Evolution has earned the trust of radiology professionals around the world, largely due to continuous improvements in functionality that help technologists quickly and easily capture complex exams that previously required greater effort, said Helen Titus, Carestreams Worldwide Marketing Director for X-ray Solutions and Ultrasound. We have developed more new software features that can boost productivity and enhance the visualization of anatomy, while simultaneously helping to reduce radiation dose.
We have developed more new software features that can boost productivity and enhance the visualization of anatomy, while simultaneously helping to reduce radiation dose, he added.