Twenty-three school children fell ill after consuming mid-day meal in Dholpur, Rajasthan, on Tuesday, following which two Anganwadi workers and their supervisor were suspended.
The children were admitted to a hospital, and were discharged later in the evening. The children ate the food at Panjipura Anganwadi Centre in Kanchanpur, Dholpur, 250 km from Jaipur. The three suspended staff members have been held responsible for the incident. An FIR has been lodged against the NGO that cooked the food. Samples of the food have also been sent for testing.
“A centre worker was serving meal (porridge) to students in the morning. After consuming it, the students started to complain of stomach pain and a few vomited. They were taken to a hospital immediately,” a district administration official told IANS on phone.
With inputs from IANS