State Institute of Health and Family Welfare (SIHFW) endeavours to yield optimum output with respect to state’s objective for providing quality healthcare services by effective training for better services. Elets News Network (ENN) finds out how they work in enhancing the services of healthcare domain.
Please share a brief background about State Institute of Health and Family Welfare (SIHFW) at Jaipur.
State Institute of Health and Family Welfare (SIHFW) was established in 1995 at Jaipur as an apex level autonomous institution under the aegis of health Department, Government of Rajasthan, with the aim of attainment of better quality of life of people through better healthcare delivery system supported by the Human Resource Development, research, consultancy and organisational development. The major clientele of SIHFW includes NHM, WHO, World Bank, UNICEF, UNFPA, NIPI, Save and children and many more department of the government.
What all training does SIHFW provide for improving healthcare services?
Managerial Trainings- Foundation training for news recruited and professional development course for senior medical offers and training of SPMU and BPMU Staff Clinical Trainings- These trainings include Maternal Health training, child health and family planning. Community Process which includes ASHA induction and module 5, Asha module 6 & 7 (R1 and R2)
Please tell us about some recent studies made by SIHFW
1. Gap Analysis of ‘Mukhyamantri Shubhlaxmi Yojna’ in claim of second instalment
2. Independent monitoring Deworming activities for Rajashthan School and Anganwadi
3. District Eye Healthcare Facility Survey-District Banwara
4. Facility Assessment of PHCs and sub centres of 12 identified districts of Rajasthan
5. Community Assessment of Exercise for the RMNCH+A activities in 10 high priority districts of Rajasthan (ongoing)
6. Mapping on Ultrasound clinic and Assessment of Implementation of PCPNDT Act in Rajasthan(ongoing)
7. Compliance Assessment Survey Under COTPA 2003 in Kota Rajasthan (ongoing)
Which partnerships have been done by SIHFW
UNICEF Partnership- This includes strengthening of SNCU Data management in Rajasthan, improving maternal, newborn and child survival in the state though mentoring in 4 high priority districts and Social and Behaviour Change communication (SBCC) Strengthening.
UNFPA Partnership- It includes partnership for strengthening RMNCH+A initiatives in 10 HPDs Save the Children Partnership NIPI Partnership.