The solution is meant to make affordable healthcare accessible to areas where there is no healthcare.
Dr Gyanaranjan Pradhan
E-Swasthya Kutira is a small unit of 6 x 8 foot, equipped with computer, visual LCD (Touch Screen) of 32 inches, web camera, leased wireless internet connectivity, telephone, and other basic requirements like electricity, power back up, and solar cells. From here one can get the following services:
• Information about diseases and various treatment options
• Information about nearby PHC, CHC, and other healthcare institutions and there facilities.
• Information about ambulances and mobile healthcare units.
• Audio-visual aids for health education and information.
• Iron/Folic acid tablets and condom.
• Community disease information.
• Online register for seeking special healthcare for Maternal- Child Care, Tuberculosis, and Malaria.
• Get information about upcoming health campaigns and programme details. Beside common people, the health worker of that village or in-charge like ASHA or ANM can seek helps.
• Specific information about any disease and required knowledge through audio-video aids.
• Specialist consultation.
• Maintaining various records electronically like Birth and Death Record, pregnancy record, and records related to special diseases.
• Sharing with central health information resource centre and nearby healthcare institutions.
• Get information about upcoming health campaigns and programme details.
• In case of emergency healthcare need like delivery, accidental cases, and emergency child care, the health worker can immediately contact and give prior information to referring provider.
• Computer telephony integration.
• Call routing and automation.
• Automated call recorder.
• Predictive dialler technology.
• In voice respond IVR
• Multimedia contact channels such as fax, e-mails, SMS gateway.
The above technologies enable E-Swasthya Kutira to connect with all public health institutions and all healthcare human resources. Also, it serves special healthcare needs like pregnant mother, infants, child, TB, malaria patients. This centre should be managed by highly qualified and trained Medical, Para-medical, and life science professionals to deliver quality service.
How it works
E-Swasthya Kutira will be connected with CHIC (Central Health Information Centre) and CHIC will be connected with public health infrastructures and human resource team. The cloud commuting will be the governing technology through which the vision will be materialised. The patient or information seeking person will reach ESwathya Kutira, with the help of attendant privacy respect. He /she can directly consult with respective health advisor of central health information centre via telephone and by video as well. The required guidelines and health education provided by the advisor with the subordinated with related audio video teaching aids. According to situation and case from the CHICC information to the nearby Public Health Institute and respective ASHA, ANM, or health worker immediately sent via telephone or/and SMS for taking necessary attention to the concern/ seeking individual. It also helps the ANM, GNM, and ASHA like health workers for training processes. Any individual can get information about the upcoming health programme and campaigns.