The All India Institute of Medical science, Delhi, has emerged as the top medical college in the recently released National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF 2020).
The Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER Chandigarh) and Christian Medical College (Vellore) have secured the second and third positions in the medical category list. There were 118 institutes which competed for excellence in the list.
The Minister of Human Resource Development (HRD) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank released the list through his social media handle on Thursday.
The rankings were announced under 10 categories – overall, universities, engineering, colleges, management, pharmacy, medical, architecture, dental and law.
List of top 10 medical colleges as per NIRF ranking
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS, New Delhi)
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER Chandigarh)
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences
- Banaras Hindu University
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research
- Kasturba Medical College
- King George`s Medical University