Bloodbath continues across the world due to Coronavirus Pandemic In India though impact is comparatively low but it has caused the death of more than 100 people so far. With 27 deaths recorded on Sunday night, highest in a day, the total cases has climbed to 4218. Delhi, Maharashtra, Kerala are among the worst affected States and Union Territories.
Here is la list of 10 latest updates:
1. Maharashtra, which is the worst-affected state in the country, reported 777 Covid-19 cases including 45 deaths.
2. Tamil Nadu was second with 584 patients of the coronavirus disease followed by Delhi, which has reported 528 cases with seven fatalities.
3. The numbers in Delhi have risen after hundreds of people, who took part in the Tablighi Jamaat’s religious congregation in Nizamuddin, tested positive for Covid-19.
4. Uttar Pradesh has reported 16 new coronavirus cases while Jharkhand has reported its fourth case.
5. 8 more people have tested positive for coronavirus in Rajasthan today. Out of them 5 are from the Tablighi Jamaat congregation. Total number of positive cases in Rajasthan has reached 274.
6. Central officials said on Sunday that they discussed with states a “containment strategy” that hinges on identifying and cordoning off hot spot areas.
7. This strategy could be crucial to lifting the three-week lockdown in force since March 25 without risking a resurgence of the disease.
8. Dr Randeep Guleria, Director of AIIMS says there has been localised community spread in certain pockets. He said, we are somewhere between stage 2 and stage 3.
9. ICMR to get about 7 lakh rapid antibody testing kits by April 8. These new kits will help in conducting Covid-19 tests in hotspot areas where large number of cases are being seen.
10. Yuvraj Singh has donated Rs 50 lakh to the PM-Cares Fund and joined India”s other leading sportspersons who have been making contributions to combat the coronavirus.