Internet has made life easier for most of us, though it must be used in prudent manner. In healthcare sector, digital tools and latest mobile app have played a pivotal role to facilitate things and enabling people enhanced personalised care.
People are often found whimpering for long waiting time to avail facilities in most of the Government hospitals including All India Institute of Medical science (AIIMS). Some people have to reach 4 am in the morning to get an appointment from doctors at AIIMS.
But, the premier hospital has leveraged technology suitably so that patients don’t need to move from pillar to post to avail facilities. One doesn’t need to stand up in a long queue to see doctors now. They can take prior appointment before thronging to the hospital.
One has to follow these simple steps to book appointment:
1. Those seeking appointment need to login official website ors.gov.in.
2. On home page, one would get ‘Book Appointment Now’ section in the yellow strip,
3. Click on the appointment section which will open a new window.
4. It will ask you to fill your mobile number and captcha code for verification. Submit the details.
5. An OTP will be sent to the registered number. Enter the OTP and tap on the proceed option.
6. Next click on the blue strip stating ‘I Have Aadhaar’
7. A new window will open asking you about the state you belong to. Fill the name of the State.
8. Selected AIIMS among the list of the hospitals
9. Fill in the department you seek appointment and click on proceed option.
10. Enter the captcha code and click on submit option.
11. A new window will open where one can see color option stating available dates. One can select available dates in green
12. Once you select the date, you will get an option to proceed. Click it.
13. If you are a new patient, fill in your Aadhaar Number and captcha code
14. A confirmation box will appear with the details of the appointment
15. Click on ‘Book Appointment’ and confirm it.
16. A new page will open stating that your AIIMS appointment booked successfully