Gurugram-based Carna Medical Database Pvt Ltd, a joint venture of two Japanese companies, recently launched the first-of-its-kind Medical Product Catalogue based on their expertise and technology in India to address the gaps in the supply chain of medical consumables and establish a logistic network to smoothen Indian medical healthcare supply chain management system.
In the light of a double digit growth being witnessed in the Indian healthcare sector, India has huge potential for investment. In order to tap such an investment opportunity & post registering success in Japan, two Japanese giants Konoike Transport and Medius Holdings decided to invest in India where healthcare infrastructure has been a top priority.
With initial capital investment of Rs 200 million, Konoike and Medius established a joint venture in India Carna Medical Database Pvt Ltd to implement Japanese technology and a real time-tested expertise to create and distribute a medical consumable database and establishing a logistic network to smoothen Indian medical healthcare supply chain management system.
Main Gaps in Supply Chain Management System
- Orders are still made manually.
- Many discrepancies in nomenclature of products at various levels.
- Konoike Transport Co. Ltd: With a majority share of 70 per cent in Carna, Konoike is a total logistics provider for more than 130 years. With strong positioning in medical-related services as one of the next-generation core business areas, the company provides total solution service.
- Medius Holdings: It is one of the largest medical equipment distributors in Japan. It provides safe and efficient medical services by utilising its unique logistic system and medical equipment database.
Understanding Medical Product Catalogue
- End result of 2 years of tedious work.
- Contains around 26,000 consumables & disposables product data from medical manufacturers all over India.
- Includes detailed information about medical consumables, disposables & implants.
- Serves as a solution to streamline the supply chain management process.
- Offers a wide variety of equipment to choose from.
- QR Codes have been strategically placed in the catalogue to help hospitals instantly get in touch with manufacturers and distributors.
- Has currently covered 26,000+ data and target is to have 100,000+ data in the next phase.
- Deliver services to hospitals, medical manufacturers & medical distributors by providing them eight levels of classification and a unique coding system for each medical product.
- Offer single search enabled and interactive platform.
- Will be distribute pan India across 8,000 hospitals.
- Will also reach tier-II and tier-III cities.