Members approved the Board appointments during a business meeting at DMAA’s 11th annual meeting, The Forum 09. New Board members include:
- Chris Behling, President, Hooper Holmes Inc., the leading provider of risk assessment services for the insurance industry.
- Gail Croall, MD, Chief Medical Officer, OptumHealth Inc., one of the nation’s largest health and wellness companies.
- Rajendra Pratap Gupta, President, Disease Management Association of India.
- Gregg Lehman, PhD, President and CEO, HealthFitness Inc., an award-winning provider of integrated health and fitness management services for employees and individuals.
- Seth Serxner, PhD, MPH, Principal, Mercer Health and Benefits Consulting, LLC, a global leader for trusted human resources and related financial advice, products and services.
- Dexter W. Shurney, MD, MBA, MPH, Medical Director, Employee Healthcare Plan, Vanderbilt University and Medical Center; Assistant Professor, Vanderbilt School of Medicine.
- Randall E. Williams, MD, FACC, CEO, Pharos Innovations LLC, a leader in innovative remote-monitoring technologies.
DMAA members also approved utive Committee positions, including Chair Gordon K. Norman, MD, MBA, utive Vice President, Science & Innovation, Alere; Secretary Jerome V. Vaccaro, MD, President and Chief Operating Officer, APS Healthcare; Treasurer Rose Maljanian, RN, MBA, president and CEO, Strategic Health Equations, LLC; Government Affairs Committee Chair Jan E. Berger, MD, President and CEO, Health Intelligence Partners; Quality and Research Committee Chair Tehseen Salimi, MD, MHA, VP, Customer Medical Synergies, Global Medical & Regulatory Affairs, sanofi-aventis; At-Large Member Susan B. Riley; and Chair-Elect Christopher Coloian, Senior VP, Health Services, Health Dialog. Board members approved for second, three-year terms are Jeffery Gruen, MD, Director, PRTM; Rose Maljanian; Jeffrey Levin-Scherz, MD, MBA, FACP, Principal, Towers Perrin; and Emad Rizk, MD, President, McKesson Health Solutions. DMAA recognized the valuable contributions of departing Board members George Bennett, PhD, Chairman, Health Dialog; Donald W. Fisher, PhD, CAE, President and CEO, American Medical Group Association; Harlan Levine, MD, Principal, Towers Perrin; William C. Popik, MD; Secretary Paul Wallace, MD, Medical Director for Health and Productivity Management Programs, Senior Advisor, The Care Management Institute and Avivia Health, The Permanente Federation, Kaiser Permanente; and Jack Mahoney, MD.