All the departments in the hospital are having workstations and they are connected to the Hospital Local Area Network for accessing information from different servers and also updating the information immediately to the servers, as to have an upto date information. Networked PCs ensure the fast exchange of information between various departments, thus resulting in the efficient operation of the hospital and fast services to the patients.
The Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital is located at Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. The hospital employs cutting- edge technology to provide medical care of internationally accepted standards. The hospital reflects the aspirations of international standards in healthcare, by the Fortis groupï¿½whose growing network is bringing a wealth of medical expertise, world-class infrastructural facilities and compassionate care, thereby enhancing the value of patient care across the country.
The major focus of this healthcare facility is on ‘high incidence health problems’ in India, such as heart, kidney, respiratory and diabetic conditions, especially since there are linkages among these. The facility also focuses on the treatment of complex joint problems, a prent condition among the senior citizens. Specialized departments for each of the five super-specialties have been set up such as The Fortis Heart Institute, Fortis Institute for Renal Sciences, Fortis Specialty Centre for Joints, Fortis Lung Centre and Fortis Centre for Diabetes. The medical faculty of Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital comprises some of the most eminent doctors in the key specialties.
Equipped with 200 beds and spread over an area of 1,50,000 sq. ft., Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital talks of an impressive list of infrastructural facilities, such as ultra modern operation theatres, laminar flow in the OTs to eliminate chances of infection, state-of-art 64 slice CT scan machine, fully automated blood bank facilities (to be operational shortly), round-the-clock emergency and trauma care, 24-hour pharmacy, critical care, laboratory services, radiology and imaging services.
Enhanced by the warmth and care of the professionally trained nurses and house-keeping staff, Fortis Hospital at Vasant Kunj recreates the comfortable ambience of home within its four walls. A wide range of patient rooms, a multicuisine cafeteria and other conveniences complement the quality experience at this Fortis facility.
Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital has been very serious about inducting ICT in its healthcare and as such has an impressive IT infrastructure. It comprises of:
1. Local Area Network: At Fortis Vasant Kunj, there is a local area network of 100 Mbps speed with Gigabit Ethernet Backbone. For the local area network, structured cabling has been done in the facility by using AMP Jack Panels,CAT 5E and CAT 6E cables, information outlets and faceplates. The hospital is using Cisco 3750 Gigabit Switch in core and Cisco 296010/100/1000 switches at edge. The network is based on Microsoft 2003 Active Directory Domain.
2. WAN and Internet: All the hospitals of Fortis chain are interconnected with 128 Kbps Airtel IP VPNs or MPLS for smooth and fast interchange of information. The Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital is also having 256 Kbps Internet link for the Internet browsing.
3. Servers: 6 HP Proliant ML 350 G4 servers with Intel Pentium 3.0 Ghz, 4 GB RAM with RAID 5 for different applications like HIS having Sql 2000 database, Exchange 2003 Server for messaging, Windows 2003 AD, Trend Micro Neat Suite for Antivirus Protection, ISA 2000 server for Proxy and Fire wall, SMS ( Short Messaging Service) server and Fortislife Intranet.
4. PCs: The hospital is also having a network integrated around 200 HP and DELL workstations, having Windows XP Professional as the operating system. All the departments in the hospital are having workstations and they are connected to the Hospital Local Area Network for accessing information from different servers and also updating the information immediately to the servers, as to have an upto date information. Networked PCs ensure the fast exchange of information between various departments, thus resulting in the efficient operation of the hospital and faster services to the patients.
5.Printers and Scanners:The hospital is having HP LaserJet, DeskJet, EPSON Dot Matrix and Thermal Printers for fulfilling the different printing requirements. It also has HP Scanners for scanning official and patient documents, and Zebra Card Printers for printing OPD Patient Registration Cards, that are given to the patients who come to the hospital for the first time for an OPD consultation. Networked as well as personal printers are installed at various departments according to the functional requirements and keeping in mind the continuous service to the patients.
6. Applications:The hospital boasts of an in-house developed full-fledged hospital information system, covering front office (OPD&IPD),billing, stores ( pharmacy and general), wards, doctors’ scheduling, appointments, and discharge summary. HIS is developed using Visual Basic and SQL 2000 database. All the nursing stations in all the wards, ICUs, OTs, and front offices are having HIS module installed in the PCs and indents are made there and then. HIS is integrated with the lab management system (LMS) for ordering the pathological tests. MS Exchange Server 2003 is installed for providing mailing services, that is for sending e-mails between internal as well as external users, for fast and efficient communication. Trend Micro Net suite is installed for the virus protection. This anti-virus server scans all the PCs and servers on the network for any virus activity and eliminates that if it occurs. This antivirus server is connected to the Trend’s online update center and downloads latest virus pattern files and fixes to the server, and server in turn updates the clients automatically. This ensures that all the machines on the network are always with the latest virus definition files and fixes.
The specialty also have SMS (Short Messaging Service) server integrated with the HIS server, that is configured for sending some specific information to the relevant users on their mobiles. This information includes occupancy, revenue, patient admission and other relevant information. Fortis Life Intranet server provides basic information about the hospital departments and services, important numbers, extension list, weekly menu for the canteen and special web-based MIS reports that are very important for the hospital management, to track the operations of the hospital and take necessary strategic decisions. This Intranet application is connected to the HIS database and produces latest information with Bar, Line and Pie Graphs.
7. Patient Monitoring System: Patient Monitoring System has been installed in the hospital to monitor the vital statistics of the patients in critical care or ICUs. This statistics can be viewed using the Internet Explorer on any networked PC within the hospital or in any hospital that is connected through WAN.
8.Patient Calling System: Patient Calling System has been installed in front of all the OPD chambers that is used to call the patients. This system is integrated with the HIS system and when a patient takes an appointment with an OPD doctor, a patient call number is assigned to the patient and printed on the OPD receipt. Doctor sitting in the OPD chamber logs on to the HIS and gets the list of all the patients he has to see. He selects one patient and click call, and the digital display outside his OPD room displays the patient call number.
9. EPABX: The hospital is having top-of-the-line Alcatel OmnPCX 4400 Enterprise EPABX System that is connected with the Airtel PRI of 30 channels for telecommunication. EPABX is also integrated with the Hospital PA system of BOSCH for the announcement of CODE Blue and any other emergency announcements from any extension.
10. Telemedicine: The hospital is also employing telemedicine. Its specialist doctors receive the medical records and images, dioganise the patients, and provide advise to the treating doctors situated far away through telemedicine.
11. Technological Partners: HP and DELL are the hospital’s partners for hardware solutions. Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital also have corporate tie-up with AIRTEL for any mobility, fixed line telecommunication and data communication solutions. Microsoft is its partner in business and other application solutions.