Coronavirus, first reported in China’s Wuhan city in December last has spread to more than 70 countries including India. The highly contagious virus has killed more than 3,000 people and affected 90,000 worldwide.
In India, a total of 30 cases have been reported so far from cities including Delhi, Noida, Hyderabad, and Jaipur.
As of now, there is no vaccine to antidote Coronavirus, though scientists are working to formulate the same any time soon. In this light, experts believe that prevention is better way to keep yourself safe.
Here are some basic steps which may work as an antidote against the virus:
- Avoid close contact with infected people. There should be a minimum three feet distance between healthy and infected person.
- One should cover mouth with a tissue or handkerchief while coughing or sneezing. Be careful to discard tissue as it should be disposed of in safe manner
- Sick people are advised to stay at home and seek immediate medical help if he/she faces difficulty in breathing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Regular household cleaning spray or wipe should be used to disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces
- You can wear a mask to be extra precautious, though it is not necessary unless you are taking care of infected persons
- Washing hands is must especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Hand washing should be for at least 20 seconds
- Hand sanitisers should be used if soap and water are not available. It is to be noted that sanitiser should have at least 60% alcohol
- Prolonged fever, constant coughing or sneezing must not be avoided and doctor must be consulted
- Keep abreast about the travel advisory and other measures undertaken by the government