Alere Medical Pvt Ltd, the Indian subsidiary for the worlds noted point-of-care (POC) diagnostics company Alere Inc, announced the launch of its integrated state-of-the-art facility in India for manufacturing POC diagnostic products.
As per the announcement, the new facility will support the Government of India in transforming India into a global manufacturing hub, as mentioned under the Make in India campaign. This transformation is a significant factor not just for economic growth, but also for the overall health of the Indian population.
- Accelerate export strategy in India, as part of an Asia-Pacific (APAC) expansion plan, to meet the growing demand for rapid diagnostics in APAC Region.
- Improve access to affordable diagnostics in India & throughout the APAC Region.
- Produce rapid tests for infectious diseases, including malaria, dengue and HIV and export them across APAC.
Overview “ Manesar Facility of Alere Medical Pvt. Ltd
- Invested Rs 150 crore.
- Spread across 180,000 sq. ft. and will immediately generate 300 new jobs.
- Will initially produce more than 150 million rapid diagnostic tests per year
- Will have the capacity to expand to 300 million tests over time.
Key Objectives “ Business Growth
- Aims to achieve the target of Rs 1,000 crore over the next 3 years through innovative POC diagnostic products.