UPS, the world’s largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialised transportation & logistics services, announced a significant global expansion of its healthcare-specific capabilities to support clinical trials by providing efficient & high-quality transportation services.
As the level of innovation in biopharma industry has been constantly evolving due to new trends, such as personalised therapies and direct-to-patient care, research and development (R&D) will undoubtedly only increase worldwide.
- Investments in a range of specialised solutions will help pharmaceutical companies & clinical investigators move sensitive materials and specimens globally, particularly in and out of complex geographies.
- Building on its expansive, integrated network, UPS has made improvements specifically targeted to meet strict clinical trial logistics requirements.
- Enhancements include the development of an easy-to-use shipping system for clinical investigator sites, expansion of the healthcare control tower network, package intercept and re-icing capabilities, and upgraded operations to move temperature-sensitive biological specimens in and out of more than 60 countries more efficiently.
- Recent improvements will reduce product loss or damage.
UPS Key Features
- Delivers value through a broad array of specialized services for healthcare and life science companies.
- Has more than 50 healthcare-dedicated facilities strategically positioned within global markets.
- Mitigates risks by employing world-class air freight & small package solutions for investigational medicinal products, specimen kits, ancillary supplies, and medical devices to and from investigator sites, contract research organisations and diagnostic centres.
- Custom brokerage team, one of the worlds largest, helps shippers navigate international regulations and avoid costly delays.
- Optimized logistics is an integral component of medical research and development, and our goal is to help clinical investigators reach any part of the world with maximum efficiency.
- The UPS network includes temperature-sensitive storage & transportation (from ambient and controlled-room temperature, to frozen and cryogenics), around-the-clock monitoring and security, and a single global IT order management platform.
- Shippers have the ability to customise solutions from the UPS Temperature TrueTM, UPS Proactive ResponseTM, UPS WorldShipTM, UPS Quantum ViewTM and other portfolios that leverage expertise in packaging, labelling, monitoring, and storage capabilities.