Shire plc, a leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialised conditions by offering best-in-class products across more than 100 countries, announced on July 14 the launch of ADVATE (Octocog alfa – Recombinant Coagulation Factor VIII) in India for the treatment and prophylaxis of bleeding in patients with hemophilia A.
The treatment of this rare genetic bleeding disease, haemophilia, also greatly reduce the risk of transmission of blood-borne pathogens, and relies on clotting factors concentrates of high quality.
ADVATE “ Key Takeaways
- ADVATE, which came to Shire as part of the recent Baxalta combination, was approved in the United States (US) since July 2003
- Has a proven safety and efficacy profile with over 13 years of real-world patient experience data
- The world’s most widely used FVIII treatment to date
- The worlds first third-generation recombinant factor VIII “ a full-length molecule that uses the complete gene, similar to the factor VIII that occurs naturally in the body
- The first of its kind to be developed without the addition of any human or animal-derived protein in the cell culture process, purification or final formulation.
Objectives of Shire plc
- Achieve zero bleeds
- Advancement of haemophilia treatments and elevating the standard of care for haemophilia patients in India
Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Elets video