Pediatric Simulation Training and Research Society for India (PediSTARS India) conducted Indias first simulation training workshop on 9th and 10th July 2016 for paediatric trauma management in Delhi in partnership with Berkeley HealthEDU.
- Was conducted at Berkeley HealthEDUs Simulation Centre in Lajpat Nagar, Delhi.
- Comprised experts from across the citys hospitals as faculty to conduct the training.
- Was fully supported by the specialised team of trainers from Berkeley HealthEDU.
- The first simulation training workshop to train teams in caring for such children.
- The focus of the workshop has been to train the essential assessment and time-critical treatments in a risk-free environment.
- Emergency doctors from across the country learnt the team and time-critical skills on life-like manikins which can breathe and talk.
Facts & Figures
- Accidents & unintentional injuries continue to be the biggest killers of children worldwide.
- Most of the common reasons behind injuries are road traffic accidents, falls, burns, drowning and injuries.
- India has an added challenge of lack of robust ambulance services for handling such emergencies.
- Still rely on any available transport to the nearest healthcare facility.
- Getting to the right facility with 24 hour trauma care availability becomes absolutely paramount to prevent deaths during the golden hour.
- Children are unique in their size and the way they handle the same degree of injuries compared to the adults.
- Children look well and collapse rapidly; hence, having the right skills and team and transferring to the right facility is vital.