With the growing focus of the Indian Government to provide universal healthcare and adopt smart technologies to enable access to cost-effective world-class services for the Indian people, a high-powered trade mission will bring the best of British expertise in innovative healthcare solutions to India from June 6 to 8.
The United Kingdom (UK) has the expertise and technology to support India to enable growth of every aspect of Indias healthcare systems and services.
This delegation comes after a bilateral agreement between the UK and India during Prime Minister Narender Modis visit to the UK, where the two Prime Ministers emphasised the potential of increased investment and cooperation between the two countries in health-related sectors.
- Sir Malcolm Grant, Chairman of the National Health Service (NHS) England, to lead the delegation of 23 British companies and NHS Trusts.
- Will visit New Delhi & Mumbai, and Sir Malcolm will also visit Bengaluru.
- In New Delhi, Sir Malcolm Grant will call on senior officials in the Union Health Ministry and hold a roundtable with representatives from leading hospitals in north India.
- In Bengaluru, he will meet top names in the healthcare and life sciences sector, such as Dr Devi Shetty and leading bioscience companies in the city.
- The delegation of leading NHS hospital and healthcare trusts, as well as pioneering British companies whose innovative solutions are delivering results across health and care economies in the UK and globally, will showcase their expertise in the Smart Healthcare Demonstrator exhibition in New Delhi and Mumbai.
- In Mumbai, he will jointly inaugurate the exhibition with Maharashtra Health Minister Dr Deepak Sawant and Dr Pratap Reddy from Apollo Hospitals.
- He will discuss strengthening ties between the UK and Maharashtra in the healthcare sector
- He will also meet private hospitals, innovative companies and hold an interactive session with medical students in Mumbais King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth GS Medical College.
Key Takeaways of the Delegation
- Unmatched combination of clinical, technological and academic expertise.
- Some of the most innovative healthcare services and systems in the world over the past seven decades of the NHS.
- Aims to write a new chapter in universal healthcare.
- British expertise is ideally placed to play a significant role in helping India bring the best smart healthcare to its smart cities programme.
- Represents the UKs thriving ecosystem of researchers, scientists, engineers, designers, NHS clinicians, and an unrivalled network of healthcare professionals.
- The programme will include showcases on themes such as Transforming hospital and emergency care, Innovative integrated care services and Building human capital.