Post allowance of single-engine helicopters for daytime operations for offering helicopter emergency medical services (HEMS), India is all set to benefit from Aviators Air Rescue, Bengaluru-based world-class helicopter ambulance services provider, with a fleet of three Airbus H130 helicopters.
- This pioneering service is the result of a tripartite agreement between Aviators Air Rescue, Air Medical Group Holdings Inc., a leading air medical provider in the United States (US), and Airbus Helicopters.
- Key Areas of Operation:
- All three H130 helicopters will be put to use for medical missions only and will come equipped with specialised equipment for emergency transportation of patients, organs, neonatal and other time-critical medical missions.
- Expansion Plans:
- In the second half of 2016, helicopter deliveries are scheduled to commence.
- Aviators Air Rescue plans to launch the service from October 2016.
- Have options to acquire additional helicopters for use in this venture.
- The service roll-out, including the training of pilots and medical personnel along with the definition of practices and procedures, will be supported by Airbus Helicopters and Air Medical Group Holdings Inc.
- Target Customers:
- The service will be offered to state governments, rescue groups, hospitals, clinics, public and private companies, and also to individuals through subscription.
- These services will be on par with the established HEMS operations in the US and Europe.
H130 Helicopters – Key Takeaways
- A global reference among single-engine helicopters for air ambulance missions.
- Design Specifications:
- In addition to the pilot and the co-pilot or a technical crew, both of whom can be seated in the cockpit unlike any other helicopter of its class, the H130 can accommodate a stretcher and seat three more attendants or paramedical staff in the cabin.
- Technical Specifications:
- The low internal sound and vibration level and the flat cabin floor offer a suitable environment to install both sensitive and bulky medical equipment.
- Airbus Helicopters signature FenestronÂ® shrouded tail rotor design allows the H130 to land in congested areas with protection against impact collision and also makes it safer for medical personnel working in the vicinity of the rotor.
- The H130 comes from the proven Ecureuil family of Airbus helicopters. More than 5,500 Ecureuil helicopters have been delivered till date, clocking more than 23 million hours of flight time in various missions including HEMS, passenger transport, law enforcement, etc.