Mesco Steel, one of the leading steel companies located in the eastern state of Odisha, recently bagged Gold Award under the corporate social responsibility (CSR) category for running commendable anti-malaria and dengue campaigns in its project sites in Barbil and Jajpur.
As a responsible company, Mesco Steel has always focused on promoting the good of people, especially among its neighbouring communities. The award underlines the crucial role that Mesco Steel plays through its ongoing health facilities programmes of organising check-up camps and running 24×7 dispensaries for the local community.
Overall, Group Mesco is taking a host of well-focused initiatives in this direction by scaling its community service in the areas of healthcare, education, infrastructure development and welfare of the employees.
The prestigious Award for CSR Initiatives 2016-Value-Driven Social Change was organised by Institute of Environment and Quality Management System in collaboration with Rotary Heritage at Hotel New Marrion. The prize was distributed by chief guest Shri Ashok Kumar Tripathy, IAS, Member, Board of Revenue, Government of Odisha.
- Mesco Dispensary: Caters to patients from 6 villages (Kasia, Serenda, Bhusugoan, Bhadrasahi, Jhadgoan and Tanto) located in the periphery of the mines.
- Huge Footfall: Located amidst the village Serenda Chatamba Sahi, the total number of patients treated at the dispensary during 2015-16 is 10,675.
- Dengue and Malaria Outbreak Programmes: Efforts to deal with dengue and malaria outbreak were undertaken in Resettlement Colony of Trijanaga covering a large number of people.
- Medical Camp: In 2015-16, 2,378 patients were treated in the medical camp organised in 3 villages in Barbil.
- Vital Equipment & Infrastructure: Provides vital medical care equipment and infrastructure at the mines in Barbil and plants in Jajpur. Mesco Steel has set up a dispensary inside factory premises to provide quick medical aid for the employees.