Outbreak of Coronavirus (nCoV), first reported in China’s Wuhan city is giving sleepless nights to authorities of different countries across the globe. With a total of 4,535 confirmed cases, China’s death toll has mounted to 106, as per the latest report. A total of 52 confirmed cases have been reported from other countries.
The novel virus is a new strain of Coronaviruses family of viruses which causes infection in the respiratory system. It has not been previously identified in humans. The virus is highly contagious and has the potential to mutate.
In this light, little awareness about the infection would be littlehandy to protect ourselves. Here is the list of dos and don’ts against the disease:
- One should observe good personal hygiene
- Make a frequent habit to wash hands with soap
- While coughing or sneezing, do cover your mouth
- In case you have respiratory symptoms such as cough or running nose, make a practice to wear a mask
- In case you feel symptoms pertaining to severe respiratory issues, don’t delay in seeking medical help
- If you feel sick while travelling in a flight back to India, don’t hesitate to inform airline crew about illness
- If you are not feeling good, don’t travel
- For the moment, avoid travelling to China or any cities across the country as it is the epicenter of viral infection
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness, such as cough, running nose etc.
- Make a distance with live animals who could be carrier of the virus
- At the same time avoid consumption of raw/undercooked meats for sometime
- Don’t travel to farms, live animal markets or where animals are slaughtered