Cipla, Jiangsu Acebright form joint venture for respiratory medicines in China


A joint venture has been formed between Indian pharma major Cipla Jiangsu Acebright Pharmaceutical Co Ltd


An agreement has been signed between Pharma major Cipla and Jiangsu Acebright Pharmaceutical Co Ltd to form a joint venture (JV) in China. The JV will set up a manufacturing facility in China for local manufactures of respiratory products.

The agreement is between Chinese firm Jiangsu Acebright and Cipla’s European arm, Cipla EU for a combined investment of USD 30 million, as per a company statement.

Also read: Cipla inks $22 mn agreement with Pulmatrix Inc for asthma drug


As per the agreement, Cipla EU will hold 80 per cent stake in the joint venture and the rest 20 per cent will be with Acebright.

“While our core home markets remain our current growth anchors, we see China as a crucial part of our future road map… We are keen to take our well-established expertise in the respiratory segment to patients in China,” Cipla MD & Global CEO Umang Vohra said.

“We have a long-standing relationship with Acebright, and this partnership to build a manufacturing facility in China is a significant step for us,” Vohra added.

Also read: Cipla Medpro plans to acquire 30% stake in Brandmed Ltd

Acebright Group Chairman Shengping Xu said the tie-up strengthens the group’s long-standing partnership of more than 20 years with Cipla.

We strongly believe the joint venture will bring more products to Chinese patients in the respiratory segment,” Xu said.

Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Elets video

Eletsonline News

Follow us on

Most Popular

200000+ Subscribers read it every day.
Subscribe Newsletter
To Top