Telangana State Drug Control Administration integrates complete Drug licensing System (ODLS) online, making it a 100 percent web-based licencing system. Moreover, the TS iPASS ACT of the Telangana Government, a single window certification system for establishing the industries, has made the process industry and investment friendly.
The “Online Drugs Licensing System” (ODLS) has been initiated by the Government of Telangana as per the guidelines of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Government of India, under the “Business Reform Action Plan 2017” for grant / renewal of license for retail, wholesale and manufacturing of drugs by Drugs Control Administration, Telangana State. The project of computerisation of Drug Control Administration (DCA) has been undertaken under the “Ease of Doing Business” initiative.
ODLS is a work-flow based Online Drugs Licensing System which allows online application submission, payment, verification, issue of license, tracking and monitoring etc. For issue of manufacturing and sales licenses without the need for physical touch point for document submission and verification.
Services made online
• Grant/Retention of Manufacture License (Formulations, Bulk Drugs, Cosmetics, Test Licenses etc.)
• Grant/Retention of Manufacturing Loan License
• Grant/Retention of Repacking License
• Grant/Retention of Sales License (Retail/Whole Sale).
• Grant/Retention of Approved Laboratories. • Grant/Retention of Large Volume Parenterals (LVP), Vaccines & Sera.
• Grant/Renewal of Blood Bank licenses.
• Amendments in sale licenses.
On 30 June, 2017 C Laxma Reddy, Minister for Medical Health & Family Welfare launched online drugs licensing system portal of drugs control administration in presence of Rajeshwar Tiwari, the Principal Secretary, Medical Health & Family Welfare.
It is mandated that all applications for above mentioned services should be submitted online from 1st July, 2017. Online drugs licensing system drastically reduced the timeline for getting licenses & the applicant can download signed license from online portal using their user credentials.
Services to be made online
• Amendments in manufacturing & Blood bank licenses.
• Issue of certificates to be made online.
• WHO-GMP Certificate
• Capacity Certificate
• Licence validity Certificate
• GMP Certificate
• Capacity Certificate
• Marketing Standing Certificate
• Free Sale Certificate
• Non Conviction Certificate
• Manufacturing & Marketing Certificate
• Performance Certificate
• COPP for Product for country
• Neutral Code Certificate
• Issue & Renewal of NDPS licenses (both manufacturing & sales) Software development.