Don’t misuse drugs to beat exam stress

Cheap and easily available substances are used by the students to get hype and many of them are used for the first time during exam days to stay awake. They are harmful and addicting said Dr. K.K. Aggarwal Padma Shri and Dr B C Roy National Awardee and President Heart Care Foundation of India. Benedril, corex, phensedyl (all cough syrups) and iodex sandwitch, and now eptoinan, anti-epileptic drug, numbs the mind for a good 3-4 hours. It is an extremely toxic drug, and can destroy blood cells, bone marrow and even cause brain damage. Engineering and medical students consume iodex and vicks apart from drugs like ecstacy, superman (LSD) to beat pre-exam stress and keep them awake. Products used include-Iodex: It is used in place of jam on a toast to get a high. Iodex is a pain relief balm. The active ingredients are iodine 4.7% and inactive ones are oleic acid, petrolatum and paraffin. Petrol: A piece of cotton wool is dipped in petrol and students keep it under their nose and inhale the air to get a ‘high’. Boot Polish: Students rub boot polish onto the back of their neck and turn it towards the sun. They get a feeling of ‘high’ this way. Petrol Pipes: Students eat the dirt deposited on the leaking petrol pipe of vehicles and petrol pumps. Use of toothpaste, pesticides and vicks cream is also on the increase.

Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Elets video

Eletsonline News

Follow us on

Most Popular

200000+ Subscribers read it every day.
Subscribe Newsletter
To Top