The size of the diagnostics market, considered to be a sunrise industry in India, is at Rs 60,000 crores in 2017. It’s growing rapidly at 17% annually to reach Rs 1.35 lakh crores by 2024. Awareness among doctors and public is increasing rapidly and diagnostics is now becoming a crucial component in any treatment planning. Further growth in diagnostics market is being driven by following factors:
Increasing awareness on NCD/ lifestyle diseases, desire to manage health among affluent, middleincome groups and salaried class.
Deeper penetration of Insurance (Life & Health Insurance).
PPP projects in States under National Health Mission (NHM) of the Central Govt.
Middle-class population is increasing exponentially and with its increasing ability to spend on healthcare.
- Started in 2009 as a one-stop integrated diagnostics facility to serve patients and doctors with passion, competence and commitment
- Affordable services being provided using state-of-the-art technology, highly qualified and committed team of radiologists and pathologists and providing high-level of clinical confidence to doctors and patients alike
To serve customers of all types, Medall has accomplished many clinical and technological innovations such as:
- PPP Partnering with Governments to provide affordable diagnostic services to the poor patients
- Health on Wheels to serve Corporates in their office premises
- Mobile Lab Collection Centers (MLCCs) to serve residential and remote areas
- Lab Collection Centers (LCCs) as convenience centers for all lab tests
- Home Collection (Service at door step)
- Tele-radiology (to bring high quality radiology services to far off places
Data loggers to constantly monitor the cold chain and thereby the integrity of the samples
MIQC (Medall Internal Quality Control) & MSQC (Medall Statistical Quality Control) for consistently improving the quality of lab testing
Highly trained team of QA/QT in all districts
Regularly upskilling our lab operations team by partnering with Health Sector Skill Council, Govt. of India
Deployed online systems to streamline the supply chain for all consumables and reagents
Focus on Quality
Strict Quality control measures in place to ensure highest accuracy
7 NABL accredited labs and 3 results show over 99% accuracy
- Online real time portal to monitor the quality on a daily basis of all 175 labs
- Web-enabled real time Digital dashboards for monitoring project performance metrics to customers- (AP CM Dashboard, their health by knowing their health score
- Tests to monitor eight major organ systems including vitals, heart, diabetes, thyroid, liver, kidneys, bone and blood
- HMP-Health Monitor and Privilege card – a complete family health monitoring product to keep track of the health of all family members
- GoH-Gift of Health — Gift coupons that can be given to near and dear ones
State Governments are constantly innovating and becoming a payer rather than investing in the equipment. For example, Medall partnered with Government of Andhra Pradesh to provide free diagnostics to poor patients visiting PHCs, CHCs, AHs and DHs under PPP mode across 13 districts.
Similarly, Medall has partnered with five State Governments to serve poor patients with the same dignity, respect and quality that are usually available to private patients.
Partnering with Govt of Andhra Pradesh
- Medall Healthcare was chosen to implement the state-wide free lab diagnostic services NTR Vaidya Pariksha under PPP model.
- Project covers – 1,400 Govt healthcare facilities including 1,150 PHCs, 192 CHCs, 40 Area and District Hospitals in all 13 districts of Andhra Pradesh.
- 105 Labs set up in a record time of 60 days and over 2,000 qualified professionals deployed across the State to serve these patients and help them manage their health better.
- Served over 1.2 crore people in last 28 months and saved Rs 600 crores as out of pocket expenses for the poor patients.
- Patients now have access to advanced tests in Biochemistry, Haematology, Immunoassay, Microbiology, Cytology, and Histopathology with consistent TAT.
- We have the highest number of Pathologists, Microbiologists and Biochemists located in each district and dedicated to the State for timely and diligent approval of the patient reports.
Under the pragmatic leadership of the Chief Minister, Advisor, Special Chief Secretary and other officials of the Health Ministry, NTR Vaidya Pariksha today stands out as one of the most structured, well-managed and implemented PPP projects in India.
We are proud to be associated with the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Medall’s operational excellence strives to enhance customer experience and customer intimacy. As we move forward, we will continue to leverage our proven processes, methodology and practices that we have built over the years to become India’s largest diagnostic company by increasing our footprint in more States in India and internationally.