With the temperatures rising to an infinite degree at early April, it seems to be a super hot year for the people.
We can keep our homes, offices and schools cool with planting less water requiring air – purifying plants to keep our ambiance clean and green. It also helps us to create a pollutant free environment for many generations to come. It’s high time when one should plant more trees for a better greener society.
Growing plants in pots or in ground create an ecosystem where the air gets cool on its own without any extra efforts.
So this summer add some plants at your home and offices which will keep you cool and happy.
Here is how we can convert our homes, offices and schools into eco-friendly cool places just by bringing in some air purifying plants.
- Aloe Vera – This plant is not only useful for sunburns, but it is also very effective at cooling air temperature as well. It removes pollutants and harmful viruses from the air. This plant is well known for its great medicinal benefits. It keeps air temperature low and protects our house from overheating. Aloe vera plant also helps in clearing formaldehyde and benzene from polluted air, which can be a by- product of chemical cleaners used for household clean-ups.
- Snake Plant –The snake plant proves very useful if perfectly placed in your bedroom. It does not take oxygen away, especially at night. On the other side, it emits oxygen keeping your bedroom fresh and cool leading you to enjoy a deep, energy-restoring sleep after a tiring day.
- Areca Palm Tree – It is one of the most popular living room plants often considered to be a decorative house plant that acts as a natural air humidifier. In addition to cooling off your home, the areca palm helps in removing benzene, formaldehyde, and trichloroethylene from the air.
- Ficus Tree – Commonly known as a weeping fig, it helps in keeping the air temperature cool as well as reduces air pollution and improves air quality.
- Fern – This plant not only cool and humidify the air, but alike aloe vera, it is essential for cleaning formaldehyde out of the air. It is one of the most effective air-purifying plants among all declared by NASA itself.
- Golden Pothos – The golden pothos which requires little light and care keep also keep air cool and purified.
(Disclaimer: The writer is Harpreet Ahuluwalia, Founder and principal designer, Earthly Creations. Views expressed are a personal opinion.)