Star Imaging and Path Lab (SIPL) Ltd. has today well-established Pathological and Radiology laboratories and centres, Para medical institute, etc. It is well established in the healthcare industry physically as well as virtually, says Pawan Gupta, CEO and MD, SIPL in an interview with Elets News Network (ENN). Excerpts:
What is the present scenario of innovation in medical technology in India?
India is a growing market and economy with a promising medical tourism industry. Today, we have all the leading technologies as well as a skilled workforce to operate them. But amidst all these opportunities, our true development will be our contribution towards developing new medical technologies on our own. Keeping these things in mind, we started a para-medical training institute where we focus in developing skill-based workforce as well as new medical technology developing brains. Our industrial understanding and collaborations are turning out to be a big success.
We have traditional knowledge and understanding about health and medical science and now a skilled young force makes us the most suitable candidate to lead this medical innovation race.
What is the vision behind SIPL?
We realised much earlier that in the near future diagnostics services will be the main probe for any kind of medical treatment. Few questions were in our mind at that time. These were: how to ensure the quality of diagnostic services and technologies for every citizen in India at a justified price? How to implement the best business practices and business ethics with natural ethics? and how to ensure clients are well informed about their health issues and remedies. With these basic questions in our mind, we have started a mission in 1978 with the name of Janta X-Ray Clinic in Delhi to serve the society. Though we have been successful, there are many other goals we seek to achieve.
What sort of latest new technologies are you using?
From Pathology to Radiology department, we have latest advanced technologies with us. Some of them can be classified as:
• 3D Imaging, Digital Low Dose X-ray, 5D Ultrasound.
• Best collection of 5-CT Scanners which include GE Optima 660 (Lowest Radiation Dose)
• CT Coronary Angiography, CT enterography, 5 Beat Cardiac Angiography, Paediatric Coronary Imaging, dedicated VIVID 7 for doing Dynamic Echocardiography by DM Cardiologist.
• Whole Body MRI Scans which help to detect cancer and tumors, Emphysema.
• Heart disease, Spinal disease, Aneurysms, Osteoporosis, Ovarian disease, Endocrine tumours etc.
• Dental Imaging Revolution Occlusal x-ray.
• Also upgraded to fully automated lab which is bi-directional, bar coded and runs on DRY platform from Johnson and Johnson for both immunoassays and biochemistry.
• Filmless or Green technology implementation
• All latest pathology testing system.
What measures are being adapted by SIPL to embrace the latest technology in its system?
All our labs are fully automated and well connected to the central lab. We have introduced e-wallet for our patients, where they can store their medical data. We are paper films based lab where environment and technologica advancements are symbiotic in nature. All NABL and NABH standards and quality control norms are fully implemented by us. All big brands and manufacturing companies of these diagnostic and pathological testing machines and kits are in direct collaboration with us. From sample collection to testing and then disposal management, every step of this system follows all world class norms and criteria. All our services are of world standard.