Pharmexcil (Pharmaceutical Export Promotion Council of India) has successfully concluded â€œPharma CEOs Conclaveâ€Â as a part of the Pharmexcilâ€™s 12thAnnual Meet in Hyderabad. The conclave was organized in association with Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
The themeÂ of the conclave was â€œPublic-Private Partnerships in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing -Strategies for Improving Access to Medicines Globally”. The event was moderated by Dinesh Dua, Vice Chairman, Pharmexcil & CEO & Director, along with renowned experts from the industry and government authority personas as panelists.
Highlights of the event:
- Overseas delegates from Â Africa, ASEAN, SAARC,Â GCC, CIS Regions are invited
- About 50-60 Manufacturers of Finished formulations & 40-50 Distributors / importers of formulations are invited
- Opportunity for Indian exporters dealing in APIs, Formulations, Nutraceuticals, Excipients, Medical Devices, Veterinary drugs, Biologicals, AYUSH products, Packaging material, Pharma Machinery
- Some ofÂ the overseas delegates are interested in Contract Manufacturing
- B2Bs on two days and Follow-up Session on 3rd day
- Seminars on Technical & Commercial subjects for two days
- Panel Discussions on current issues Â by eminent persons of Indian Pharma Industry
- Felicitation of Legends of Indian Pharma Industry
- Distribution of Export & Patent Awards to the Companies for their outstanding performance
Also, the event witnessed the presence ofÂ Shri Sudhansh Pant, Joint Secretary (Policy), Department of Pharmaceuticals, Govt. of India; Anice Chandra Joseph Director, Department of Commerce, Govt. of India; Madan Mohan Reddy, Chairman ofÂ Pharmexcil & Wholetime Director, Aurobindo Pharma and Dr. P V Appaji, Director General,Â Pharmexcil and dignitaries representing the Government and the pharma industry.
Indian Pharmaceutical Industry is now recognized as â€œPharmacy of the Worldâ€ as it caters in all the therapeutic segments with almost all types of dosage forms and is a rich source of most of the APIs.
Indiaâ€™s Exports of Pharmaceuticals in 2015-16 has been to a tune of $16.89 billion. Generics (Drug formulations) are the third largest among the principal commodities exported by India during 2015-16. Pharmaceuticals as a whole, inclusive of other components like Bulk Drugs, Ayush & Herbals and Surgicals under the purview of Pharmexcil, has contributed 6.44% to the total exports of India during financial year 2016.