Pharmexcil (Pharmaceutical Export Promotion Council of India) has successfully concluded âPharma CEOs ConclaveâÂ as a part of the Pharmexcilâs 12thAnnual Meet in Hyderabad. The conclave was organized in association with Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
The themeÂ of the conclave was âPublic-Private Partnerships in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing -Strategies for Improving Access to Medicines Globally”. The event was moderated by Dinesh Dua, Vice Chairman, Pharmexcil & CEO & Director, along with renowned experts from the industry and government authority personas as panelists.
Highlights of the event:
- Overseas delegates from Â Africa, ASEAN, SAARC,Â GCC, CIS Regions are invited
- About 50-60 Manufacturers of Finished formulations & 40-50 Distributors / importers of formulations are invited
- Opportunity for Indian exporters dealing in APIs, Formulations, Nutraceuticals, Excipients, Medical Devices, Veterinary drugs, Biologicals, AYUSH products, Packaging material, Pharma Machinery
- Some ofÂ the overseas delegates are interested in Contract Manufacturing
- B2Bs on two days and Follow-up Session on 3rd day
- Seminars on Technical & Commercial subjects for two days
- Panel Discussions on current issues Â by eminent persons of Indian Pharma Industry
- Felicitation of Legends of Indian Pharma Industry
- Distribution of Export & Patent Awards to the Companies for their outstanding performance
Also, the event witnessed the presence ofÂ Shri Sudhansh Pant, Joint Secretary (Policy), Department of Pharmaceuticals, Govt. of India; Anice Chandra Joseph Director, Department of Commerce, Govt. of India; Madan Mohan Reddy, Chairman ofÂ Pharmexcil & Wholetime Director, Aurobindo Pharma and Dr. P V Appaji, Director General,Â Pharmexcil and dignitaries representing the Government and the pharma industry.
Indian Pharmaceutical Industry is now recognized as âPharmacy of the Worldâ as it caters in all the therapeutic segments with almost all types of dosage forms and is a rich source of most of the APIs.
Indiaâs Exports of Pharmaceuticals in 2015-16 has been to a tune of $16.89 billion. Generics (Drug formulations) are the third largest among the principal commodities exported by India during 2015-16. Pharmaceuticals as a whole, inclusive of other components like Bulk Drugs, Ayush & Herbals and Surgicals under the purview of Pharmexcil, has contributed 6.44% to the total exports of India during financial year 2016.