With objective to strengthen its leadership in India, Medtronic has appointed Madan Krishnan as its Vice President for Indian Sub-continent (ISC). In his tenure, Krishnan will be responsible for leading the Medtronic ISC business, which includes India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal, as the company further demonstrates its commitment to meaningful innovation, global access, aligning value, and partnerships.
The key responsibilities of Krishnan will be to develop strategic partnerships with hospitals, payers, and government to help establish aligned, value-based healthcare models that can deliver better patient outcomes.
Madan Krishnan – Overview
- Bringing leadership credentials to the role, Krishnan has experience of over 20 years in healthcare.
- Deep understanding of the healthcare industry with experience in emerging markets, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and sales and marketing excellence.
- Also, led the post-acquisition integration of Medtronic and Covidien across Asia Pacific.
- Pursued MBA from the Sloan School of Management as a Sloan Fellow and was an elected member of the MIT Senate.
- Holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Calicut
- He is a qualified Chartered Accountant and has knowledge of different languages including English, Turkish, Hindi, Tamil, and Malayalam and has basic competency in Spanish and Korean.
Krishnan joined Medtronic in 2011. Prior to this appointment, Krishnan was vice president of finance, Asia Pacific (APAC).
On this, Bob White, president, Asia Pacific at Medtronic stated, “Madan’s demonstrated leadership and roots in this market enable us to take healthcare further, together. He will shape our business and take it into the future by cutting through complexity, building trust and credibility, championing innovation, and setting high standards. We see tremendous growth potential in ISC and I have full confidence in Madan’s ability to be an engaged and collaborative industry leader while caring for our employees.”