The Union Health Minister J P Nadda launched the “Mera Aspataal / My Hospital” initiative on August 29 at the third National Summit on Good and Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Health Facilities at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
Underlining the importance of patient satisfaction in healthcare, the ICT-based Patient Satisfaction System (PSS) ‘Mera Aspataal / My Hospital’ will empower the patients to express their views on the quality of healthcare services delivered in public and empanelled private hospitals. This will widen the scope of improvement in public healthcare facilities.
Other dignitaries present during the occasion were Faggan Singh Kulaste, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Government of India; Kamineni Srinivas, Minister of Health, Medical and Family Welfare, Government of Andhra Pradesh; C K Mishra, Secretary (HFW); Dr (Prof) Jagdish Prasad, DGHS, etc.
Interestingly, policymakers and healthcare stakeholders believe that such initiatives, along with earlier measures, such as Kayakalp awards (government-based award given to public hospitals that promote best cleanliness measures), will encourage healthy competition between states.
Key Features – Mera Aspataal / My Hospital
Patients’ feedback will be collected via the following ICT tools:
- Web Portal
- Mobile Application
- Short Message Service (SMS)
- Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS)
Other Key Announcements
- Released operational framework on management of common cancers
- Guidance Note for Outsourced Call Centre for teleconsultation
- Awards were given away to states on the basis of health indicators & service delivery
- The best performing large states for decline in IMR was given to Haryana and West Bengal.
- The best performing small states for decline in IMR were Nagaland and Tripura.
- For service delivery in public health facilities Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh were awarded amongst large states and Sikkim and Himachal Pradesh were awarded amongst small states. Best performing Union Territory was Dadar and Nagar Haveli.