eKincare, Hyderabad-based India’s fastest growing health-tech start-up enabling users to monitor their critical medical information on cloud, recently conducted a study revealing some of the contrary trends in the field of lifestyle diseases.
- Based on body mass index (BMI), blood pressure (BP) & random blood sugar samples.
- Conducted across three cities, including Hyderabad, Vijayawada & Vizag for select 5,000 respondents.
- Non-metro cities catching up metros in the lifestyle disorders due to increase in spending power & change in food patterns, exposure to junk food, etc.
- 26% of Vizag showed a high level of BP as opposed to Hyderabad which stood at 18% & Vijaywada at 15%.
- Vijaywada has the highest number of obese (measured by BMI) (19%) whereas Vizag is at par with Hyderabad (11%).
- Vijayawada topped the number of people who are diabetics with 7%, while Hyderabad stood at 4% and Vizag at 2%.
- Regular monitoring of blood sugar levels.
- Critical to reach out to different segments of the society.
- Address concerns at the grass-root level.
eKincare – Main Objectives
- Increase an individual’s life span through personalised healthcare information.
- Combine digitisation with deep analytics & healthcare
- Improve average life span by harnessing their medical data & predict future diseases before their onset.
- Aims to be seen as technology-led healthcare company transforming the way healthcare is perceived.
- Awareness, education & regular monitoring of patients’ vitals is a key step towards preventing & controlling chronic conditions.