eKincare, a Hyderabad-based healthcare tech start-up, on July 26 announced their selection into the first batch of InsurTech Accelerator Programme, a global fintech accelerator programme being conducted by Swiss Re, a leading wholesale provider of reinsurance, insurance and other insurance-based forms of risk transfer.
Other start-ups chosen include Arya.ai, Datasigns, GOQii, Touchkin and Niki.ai.
Key Takeaways for eKincare
- Will have access to the global expertise & insights from Swiss Re, mentors from the industry.
- Will also offer technical enablement to work on challenging global insurance problems.
- At the end of 16 weeks, eKincare will present their learnings & achievements to Swiss Re’s global leadership, ecosystem partners & potential investors.
- Offers a great platform for us to assess new ideas & solutions that addresses the global insurance challenges and enhances technical capabilities to tackle the problem.
Key Feature of eKincare
- Offers an end-to-end wellness platform that integrates medical records, healthcare services and leverages predictive analytics to design wellness initiatives & reduce healthcare costs.
Key Themes of InsurTech Accelerator Programme
- Internet of things (home, industrial, health and motor)
- Systems of engagement (innovative distribution channels and models, digital assistants/Robo advisors, etc.)
- Smart analytics (application of deep learning and machine learning across insurance value chain)