In order to understand a doctor’s life, Curofy, India’s largest network of verified doctors, conducted a poll asking doctors what their first priority is, whether it is patients, family or economic independence.
- Out of 1,820 doctors who responded, 60.4 per cent said that they prioritise their patients over everything else.
- Only 26.3 per cent said that they would prefer their family over patients.
- 63.6 per cent of doctors said that they would rather work in a private set-up than at a corporate hospital.
- Despite lack of economic security & stability, a large number of doctors prefer to go for private practice to achieve independence and control over their working hours.
- Private practice allows better accessibility to patients.
- Many prefer to practice independently to serve people better.
- Physicians still hold up the sanctity of practicing medicine.