Aster DM Healthcare, one of the fastest growing network of hospitals in the Middle East & India, recently signed a 7-year agreement with Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) as their healthcare partners to manage around 10,000 sq. ft medical services facility at Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru.
The agreement was signed in the presence of Bhaskar Bodapati, Senior Director of Finance and Support Services, BIAL, Dr Nitish Shetty, CEO, Aster CMI Hospital and Sreenath Reddy, Group CFO, Aster DM Healthcare.
This agreement took place in the light of consistent increase in traffic, travelers and air traffic movement at Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru, which also underlines the need for best medical services for ensuring safety of travelers.
- Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru by implementing a well-defined route development strategy has emerged as the third busiest airport by passenger traffic in the country, after Delhi and Mumbai and the busiest in the South India.
- In 2015, it recorded 25.2% increase in traffic and 12.7% increase in Air Traffic Movement.
- Recently the airport also clocked 100 million passenger mark within 8 years of operation.
- Aster DM Healthcare will aid BIAL in manning the airport clinic 24/7, extending emergency medical technicians 24/7 for providing quality healthcare to both employees and passengers of Kempegowda International Airport and disaster management services.
- The healthcare group will also be responsible for the stand alone Airport Medical Care Facility expected to be commissioned before March 2017, the services of which can be availed by the general public also.