Association of Healthcare Providers (India)- AHPI hosted an International Conference on “Health Systems Design & Operations – for ensuring patient safety, disaster mitigation and quality of care’. This conference has started at Hall No. 7 Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
Number of leaders in health industry , international health systems design & architecture experts, disaster mitigation and management experts, Government Officials, MDs, CEO, MS, Medical and Nursing Colleges planners, Hospital facility designing experts, policy makers, Medical Technology Innovators, will be participating. Conference will cover Earthquake, Fire & Radiation safety issues in Health Systems. Speakers/Technical Partners from School of Architect & Planning, IIT Delhi, NDMA, NIDM, GGS IP University, PHFI, NHSRC, CDAC, INMAS and Academy of Hospital Administration and FICCI participated in the event .
Dr (Ms) Syeda Hameed, Member Planning Commission inaugurated the Conference & Exhibition today. There will be simultaneously International exhibition by “Informa Exhibitions”, an internationally renowned orgnisation holding 4th Hospital Build & Infrastructure Exhibition, India, 2013 at the same venue is Hall No 7.
Major General (Retd) M Srivastava, Chairman International Conference & Exhibition Organizing Committee and Dr Girdhar Gyani, DG, AHPI said that more than 700 delegates are expected to attend from India & abroad all three days. Dr (Ms) Syeda Hameed, Member Planning Commission & Dr Girdhar Gyani, DG, Association of Healthcare Providers (India) released a Hand Book of Healthcare Quality & Patient Safety endorsed by experts from India.
Highlight of the Conference:
· Hospital & Health System – Project planning, architecture & designing: For safer, cost effective & quality healthcare institutions.
· Health Industry Leaders Forum – Health Industry Issues , Challenges, solutions & suggestions
· Disaster Mitigation, Management & Healthcare System
· Quality & Healthcare Delivery Systems & Institutions – Models & Experiments
· Hospital & Healthcare Industry -Innovative Project Management of Healthcare Facilities
· Imaging Services –“ Radiation Safety & Regulations – Issue and challenges for Healthcare Industry”
· Healthcare Industry & Fire Disaster – Prevention & management
·Hospital & Healthcare Delivery Institutions – Operational Management Solutions, Innovations, Quality
· Hospital & Healthcare Facility Architecture – Global Tends and Recent Advances
· Health System Planning- to meet Environment sustainability and affordability
· Transforming Healthcare Through Information Technologies
· Health System Planning- Regional PlanningHealth System Planning – to meet environment sustainability and affordability, (l) Transforming Healthcare Through Information Technologies
· Health Systems Infrastructure Planning – Strategic & Functional Planning for Efficiency & Integration”
Healthcare is truly an emerging industry. It has huge un-tapped potential. It has been rated as highest employment generating entity, when viewed in terms of per unit expenditure. Healthcare services have two challenges; one is compliance of patient safety and other being, making healthcare more and more affordable. Design and operation of a hospital has to encompass these two challenges. Over and above we need specialised trained manpower to undertake the complex and sensitive services. AHPI-HBII International Conference on “Healthcare Systems Design & Operations” is first such effort, integrating Patient safety, Disaster mitigation and Quality of care, said Dr Girdhar Gyani, DG, Association of Healthcare Providers (India).
I am happy to see that experts from multidisciplinary areas have come forward to share their experience for good cause. I am sure that outcome of conference will go long way in bridging the gap in up to date knowledge and current practices”, added Dr Girdhar Gyani, DG, Association of Healthcare Providers (India).